NRP Policy Board Candidates at a Glance
Occupation: None listed
Address: 2543 Jackson St NE (55418)
Neighborhood of Residence: Holland
Years in Neighborhood: 17 years
Years in Minneapolis: Lifetime
- How have your life experiences prepared you to be a neighborhood representative?
Being a community volunteer in neighborhoods, schools, scouting, as well as my experience in administrative support services have given me the foundation necessary to understand and look for solutions to the issues that face our neighborhoods.
- What do you consider to be the strengths and weaknesses of the NRP?
The strengths of the NRP include:
The weaknesses would include:
- Strengthening citizen participation
- Enabling residents to find solutions specifically tailored to the needs of their communities
- Providing resources to implement those solutions.
- Technical expertise expected of neighborhoods which some may not have
- The current uncertainty regarding future funding
- How have you participated in your neighborhood organization and its NRP process?
I have been a board member, president and staff over the 11 years I've been involved in my neighborhood association. During the first year of Holland's NRP participation, I was employed as the Holland NRP Neighborhood Coordinator. In this position, I worked on all aspects of design and preparation of the 1st step plan. I continued to work on the plan and other NRP projects as a volunteer.
- How do you plan to maintain a relationship with the neighborhoods you would represent if elected?
Ideally, I would have at least one contact person in each of the neighborhood organization. I will attend meetings as needed. I am also available by phone, e-mail or letter.
- Name one thing you would like to work on if elected.
Identifying the resources for full funding for Phase II of NRP must be a priority for all of us. I would like to ensure the continuation of NRP resources to be allocated through neighborhood plans and to assure that the best of NRP is saved.
- Why are you running for a neighborhood representative seat on the Policy Board?
NRP is an important revitalization and development tool. Being a neighborhood representative will allow me to use my background in neighborhood issues to support the work of the neighborhoods within the framework of the NRP.
- Please list any community-based organizations with which you are currently involved.
- Holland Neighborhood Housing Committee
- NE Community Development Corporation Interim Board of Directors
- Neighbors for Neighborhoods
- Please list all current paid and unpaid affiliations.
Volunteer for various community activities listed above (unpaid)