NRP Policy Board Candidates at a Glance
Eric D. Lindberg
Occupation: Retail while Full Time Student
Address: 3439 19th Ave. S. (55407)
Neighborhood of Residence: Corcoran
Years in Neighborhood: 7 years
Years in Minneapolis: 11 years
Phone: Not Listed
- How have your life experiences prepared you to be a neighborhood representative?
I believe my house is typical of the neighborhood housing, and my experience in dealing with the maintenance issues would be relevant. My retail experience has given me a lot of experience dealing with many different people. Attended Longfellow Business Association Meetings until August (semi-regularly) 2002
- What do you consider to be the strengths and weaknesses of the NRP?
I'm only aware of the strengths, which I see as vital to the strengthening of our older metropolitan neighborhoods. The NRP is just one way in which we can continue to improve our quality of life whether it be improved "green space" for all residents to enjoy or simply making efficient heating more attainable for someone on a limited or fixed income.
- How have you participated in your neighborhood organization and its NRP process?
I recently received NRP matching funds for my house, a kitchen remodel (much needed) as well as concrete work. Have been involved in various block club activities and currently am a contact for Crime Prevention/Safe.
- How do you plan to maintain a relationship with the neighborhoods you would represent if elected?
I would enjoy attending neighborhood functions as a NRP representative with the intent to hear neighbors concerns and answer their questions about what is happening with the program.
- Name one thing you would like to work on if elected.
I feel it is very critical that we maximize the benefit to the neighborhoods, keeping an eye on overhead costs - and that recipients are meeting guidelines which are clear and easily understood would be my primary concern.
- Why are you running for a neighborhood representative seat on the Policy Board?
I have been seeking an opportunity to volunteer with a program that I feel I could make a difference with. I have been very interested in city politics and the way decisions are being made which effect us. I'm currently pursuing a career in paralegal and think this role would both enhance my education and I maybe able to bring something to the position of that nature as well.
- Please list any community-based organizations with which you are currently involved.
- Please list all current paid and unpaid affiliations.
None unless my job at the retail store counts. If that is the case - Smith & Hawken, 799 Grand Ave., St. Paul, MN 55105