The Lyndale Neighborhood Development Corporation (LNDC) serves as the community housing and economic development agency for the residents of the Lyndale Neighborhood in South Minneapolis. Led by a community-elected board and accountable to the general membership of the Lyndale Neighborhood Association, the LNDC facilitates up to 2 million dollars of development annually.
: Full-Time, salary negotiable $45-$60,000/year.
Executive Director Position Description
The LNDC Executive Director will assist the Lyndale Neighborhood in developing and implementing housing and economic development projects/initiatives as defined by the neighborhood, neighborhood association and the LNDC board. The Executive Director reports to the LNDC Board of Directors and supervises other LNDC staff. The LNDC Executive Director will lead the organization in education, discussion, development, implementation, and maintenance in the following areas:
- 1) Organizational Sustainability - Generate funds and manage the development of the financial resources necessary for all organizational expenses, including administrative, project and program expenses.
- 2) Organizational Structure and Processes - Ensure that the organization's structure and processes enable LNDC to most effectively meet its goals and needs. Provide leadership to the board, committees, community and decision making process.
- 3) Housing and Economic Development Programs, Projects and Initiatives - Facilitate the development of programs, projects, and initiatives to meet the housing and economic development needs and goals of the neighborhood. Ensure that the board and corporation are operating with the most current understanding of urban design principles, equity building, affordable housing and effective development.
- 4) Organization's Human Capacity - Facilitate the continued increase in the capacity of staff, board, and neighborhood volunteers engaged in Lyndale housing and economic development programs, projects and initiatives.
- 5) Partnerships and Networks - Develop and maintain strong partnerships and networks with other CDC's , neighborhood associations, business associations, government agencies, and other relevant organizations.
- 6) Public Relations - Lead and prepare LNDC public relations strategies aimed at Lyndale stakeholders, funding sources and other appropriate organizations.
- Experience working as a leader in a community based organization with supervisory exp.
- Experience working with culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse communities
- Knowledge and experience working in community development including real estate development, community collaboration and community organizing - Mpls. preferred
- Experience in fundraising and revenue generation
- Financial management experience with$1-1.5 million annual budget
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and developing partnerships
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Norma Pietz, LNDC Search, 3537 Nicollet Ave. South, Minneapolis, MN 55408 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download a more detailed job description here
. You will need a copy of Acrobat Reader
to view the detailed job description.
Please note this job has been filled as of November 21, 2003.
Updated Wednesday, March 7th, 2018